ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – One of the Pedestrian Walkway Bridge escalators has been closed for repairs.
The closure, while temporary, is effective immediately.
Work on the escalator is expected to be completed into next week.
Pedestrians wanting access to the walkway bridge can use the elevator located just beyond the escalators in the Tower Parking Garage until repairs are completed.
- Senator: Brands, companies should take action against racial inequality
- Federal government to start surge testing program after 32 states show rise in COVID-19 cases
- Virginia’s gun sales shot to historic levels in June
- Kaine wants future COVID bill to help cities and towns make up lost revenue
- Extended bridge closure on Colonial Turnpike in Glade Hill results in detours