ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Programs in the Roanoke Valley are now hiring additional staff to expand academic support sites in response to students learning virtually as schools reopen.
The Virtual Academy Staff and Job Fair will be held online at 8 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 20, and Friday, Aug. 21. The City says this opportunity will benefit both students and prospective staff.
Organizations involved with the job fair include City of Roanoke, Virginia Career Works, United Way of Roanoke Valley, and Boys and Girls Club of Southwest Virginia.
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Veterans Voices: Willing Warriors retreat helps with healing