ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — The Roanoke Valley SPCA has received a $6,000 grant from the Petco Foundation that will go to the Companion Animal Relief Fund in order to help economically challenged pet owners deal with extraordinary veterinary expenses.
The RVSPCA says in some cases, pet owners who can not afford veterinary care are faced with the prospect of having to have a pet euthanized. The fund helps to provide money to treat those pets so they do not have to be put down.
- Staff member at Central Elementary School tests positive for COVID-19 in Rockbridge County
- Engineers are using lasers to test new Outer Banks bridge
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Sens. Warner, Kaine announce over $13.6M in funding for rail infrastructure improvement on rail line between Clifton Forge, Charlottesville
- VSP: One person dead, another hospitalized after crash in Scott County