ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – In a small ceremony, Vivian Sanchez-Jones was officially sworn in as the newest member of Roanoke City Council.
Sanchez-Jones fills the vacant seat left by Djuna Osborne who left her role with City Council in September.
Sanchez-Jones’ term is set to expire at the end of 2022.
- A two-week shut down is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A behind the scenes look at the Rescue Mission of Roanoke
- White House kicks off holiday season welcoming official tree
- A Floyd Christmas tree farm gears up for the holiday season