VINTON, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke County Public Library will reopen the Vinton Library on Monday, Nov. 30.
Similar to the other library locations that have reopened, Vinton will be open by reservation for Roanoke County residents, Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Those who wish to visit the library can make reservations for one-hour time slots via the library’s website or by calling (540) 857-5043.
The library will close for cleaning from 1 to 2 p.m. each day.
Upon arrival, patrons will receive information about the new protocols. Masks are required for anyone over three years old and will be available for free at the library, along with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
Here are the following changes that can be expected at the Vinton Library:
- While in the library patrons may browse the collection, use computer stations, and seek staff help via a barrier or at six feet distance to abide by social distancing guidelines.
- Containers will be placed around the library for all items that have been handled, but not chosen to take home.
- Meeting rooms and other enclosed spaces will remain closed.
- On-site programming will be limited to outdoors with social distancing requirements. For a list of upcoming events, please visit the library’s website.
- All virtual programming and curbside pick-up and drop-off of materials will continue.
- Drive-Through windows are now available at Glenvar, South County, and Vinton.