ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – The Virginia Department of Transportation is seeking public comment regarding the construction of a single-lane roundabout at the intersection of Starkey Road and Buck Mountain Road in Roanoke County.
The purpose of the project is to enhance traffic flow, reduce delays and accommodate future growth.
Approximately 8,600 vehicles use this intersection daily with significant congestion occurring especially during peak travel times.
The project entails replacing the current intersection with a roundabout. Research indicates that roundabouts are more efficient with both fewer stops and delays for drivers.
Citizens are invited to learn more about the project by clicking here.
Comments can be submitted using the online form in the link above. Public comments will be received between Oct. 21 and Oct. 31.
For anyone needing help in submitting input or to ask additional questions, they can contact VDOT’s Salem District Office at (540) 387-5353 or TTY/TDD 711.
- Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport executives placed on leave during internal probe
- Restaurant workers out of jobs again as virus surges anew
- Can you repeat that? Hearing trouble becomes more obvious with masks
- Country artist Hal Ketchum dies from complications of dementia
- 4-year-old accidentally shoots 8-year-old brother in Illinois, police say