UPDATE: Monday fire in northeast Roanoke ruled accidental

Roanoke Valley News

(Photo: Courtesy Roanoke Fire-EMS)

ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Fire officials announced Tuesday morning that Monday afternoon’s structure fire at a northeast Roanoke home was accidental.

According to Roanoke Fire-EMS, the residential structure fire was reported shortly before 1 p.m. on Monday, March 1 from the 500 block of Light Street NE by workers at the home.

After crews started fire suppression from the inside of the residence, the department saws the flames substantially grew in size, forcing crews to attack the fire from the outside. However, the fire was reportedly under control within 20 minutes of units’ arrival.

There are no reports of injuries resulting from this fire.

On Tuesday, March 2, fire officials announced the cause of the fire was ruled as accidental.

In addition, since the home was unoccupied and being renovated at the time of the fire, Roanoke Fire-EMS says nobody was displaced.

Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form