ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — After investigating the house fire that occurred in Cave Spring, on April 2nd, the Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office estimated damages to be $20,000.
On Sunday, April 2nd, the Roanoke County Fire and Rescue Department responded to the 6100 block of Castle View Court around 1 a.m. where crews found fire and smoke coming from the back of the house. A family of four was able to safely escape the blaze and the fire was controlled within 15 minutes.
After a thorough investigation, officials determined the blaze was accidentally started by a charcoal grill on the deck of the house. The damage was contained to the deck and the soffit area. The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office estimated damages to be $20,000.