ROCKY MOUNT, Va. (WFXR) — Rocky Mount Police Department officials have been made aware of two off-duty officers who attended the pro-Trump rally last Wednesday in Washington, D.C.
The department released a statement on those two officers which reads:
“The Rocky Mount Police Department is aware that two off-duty officers were present at an event in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. The Town of Rocky Mount fully supports all lawful expressions of freedom of speech and assembly by its employees but does not condone the unlawful acts that occurred that day.
Based on the available information, the Police Department has notified federal authorities and the individuals that were present at the event are on administrative leave pending review.”Rocky Mount Police Department
WFXR News will continue following this story and will update as more information is released.
- ‘After School Satan Club’ sparks religious freedom debate in Virginia
- Infamous ‘Lady Pelucas’ in custody after months on the run
- Same-sex marriage bill may get final vote in Congress next week with key votes from West Virginia, Ohio
- VSP trooper dragged by vehicle on I-295 in Mechanicsville, suspect on-the-run
- Worker finds Las Vegas murder victim’s torso, bleach inside abandoned barrel