ROCKY MOUNT, Va. (WFXR) — Rocky Mount Police Department officials have been made aware of two off-duty officers who attended the pro-Trump rally last Wednesday in Washington, D.C.
The department released a statement on those two officers which reads:
“The Rocky Mount Police Department is aware that two off-duty officers were present at an event in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. The Town of Rocky Mount fully supports all lawful expressions of freedom of speech and assembly by its employees but does not condone the unlawful acts that occurred that day.
Based on the available information, the Police Department has notified federal authorities and the individuals that were present at the event are on administrative leave pending review.”Rocky Mount Police Department
WFXR News will continue following this story and will update as more information is released.
- Friday Night Blitz : Friday, April 16, 2021
- Former Liberty Flames player Emily Lytle signs with Virginia Tech
- William Byrd names new boys and girls head basketball coaches
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 2C Final/Glenvar at Appomattox County
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 5D Final/Mountain View at William Fleming