ROCKY MOUNT, Va. (WFXR) — Rocky Mount Police Department officials have been made aware of two off-duty officers who attended the pro-Trump rally last Wednesday in Washington, D.C.
The department released a statement on those two officers which reads:
“The Rocky Mount Police Department is aware that two off-duty officers were present at an event in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. The Town of Rocky Mount fully supports all lawful expressions of freedom of speech and assembly by its employees but does not condone the unlawful acts that occurred that day.
Based on the available information, the Police Department has notified federal authorities and the individuals that were present at the event are on administrative leave pending review.”Rocky Mount Police Department
WFXR News will continue following this story and will update as more information is released.
- Pinpoint Weather: Snow arrives overnight, cold and windy pattern to follow Thursday
- WATCH @ Noon: Centra Health to hold weekly coronavirus news conference
- Terminally ill doctor held hostages, shot pediatrician and himself at her office on Tuesday
- ‘It’s going to take time’: Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts warn vaccination will take months
- NFL prepares Raymond James Stadium for Super Bowl