SALEM, Va. (WFXR) — Salem Red Sox fans will be welcomed back to Haley Toyota Field with a bang on Thursday as part of the three-day 2021 “Sox Fest,” featuring fun, food, and entertainment for the whole family!
Sox Fest will be spread out between Thursday, April 22 and Saturday, April 24 in order to allow as many people as possible to enjoy the festivities while also implementing safety precautions amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The event will also have different entertainment each of the three days:
- 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 22:
- Enjoy live music by Matt Powell from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Following along with the “Thirsty Thursday” tradition, the ballpark will offer $3 off all draft beers, as well as free samples from Carnegi Deli while supplies last.
- 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, April 23:
- Enjoy a family movie night from 5:20 to 7 p.m.
- You can also chow down on $2 movie night snacks, including popcorn, candy, cracker jacks, cotton candy, and 24 ounce sodas.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 24:
- Bring your gloves and baseballs to play catch on the field from 10 to 11 a.m., followed by music from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and balloon art with Balloon Dude Travis from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.