ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — According to workers, stores in downtown Roanoke are still reeling from the busy weekend.
Small businesses like The Gift Niche saw more business this weekend than they’ve seen all year. Workers in the store say this year’s turnout was better than last Black Friday.
A similar sentiment was echoed by other downtown store owners.
They credit the increase in traffic to the Elf on the Shelf initiative spearheaded by downtown Roanoke.
The Gift Niche workers say they’ll be adjusting their hours for the remainder of the holiday season, extending store hours and even adding Sunday hours.
- Photo gallery: President Trump’s presidency
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- Central Shenandoah Health District remains in Phase 1a, currently planning for Phase 1b
- Blue Ridge Health District moves into Phase 1b of COVID-19 vaccine distribution