ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — The Roanoke Police Department is investigating a shooting incident that left a boy injured in northwest Roanoke Thursday afternoon.
According to the department, officers were called to reports of a person with a gunshot wound in the 2500 block of Melrose Avenue NW at approximately 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 29.
Police report that a juvenile male was shot. The victim was found in a vehicle at the scene, after which he was transported to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital with what police say is a non-life threatening wound.
The victim’s identity has not been released, and no arrests have been made.
Police have not said what may have led to the gun violence.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Roanoke Police at (540) 344-8500.
- Roanoke County crash leads to downed power lines, lane closures along Franklin Road
- Virginia health officials report 2,023 new coronavirus cases, 34 new deaths as of Thursday
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- Franklin County crash closes down VA-40, leads to detours
- North Carolina organization buys hotel to house homeless