ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Police in Roanoke responded to a report of a shooting in northwest Roanoke Saturday evening.
The Roanoke Police Department says the call came in just before 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24. At that time, they responded to the 1900 block of Gayle Street NW.
When officers arrived, they found a man on the sidewalk who had a gunshot wound.
Roanoke Fire-EMS determined the man was dead. His identity is currently being withheld as next of kin is notified.
Police continue to investigate this shooting. If you have any information relating to this shooting, you are asked to call the Roanoke Police Department at (540) 344-8500.
- A two-week shut down is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A behind the scenes look at the Rescue Mission of Roanoke
- White House kicks off holiday season welcoming official tree
- A Floyd Christmas tree farm gears up for the holiday season