UPDATE 12:50 p.m.: According to VDOT, traffic has returned to a regular flow along I-81 South after crews cleared the scene of a Rockbridge County vehicle crash.
UPDATE 12:33 p.m.: VDOT says all lanes are back open at mile marker 204.7 on I-81 South following Wednesday’s crash, but Rockbridge County traffic is still backed up for three miles.
ROCKBRIDGE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Motorists are backed up for several miles along I-81 South following a vehicle crash in Rockbridge County Wednesday morning.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation, the southbound right lane and right shoulder are closed at mile marker 204.7 on I-81.
VDOT says traffic is currently backed up for approximately five miles from the scene of the crash.
- Huge Puerto Rico radio telescope collapses; many mourning
- Man slain in Chicago dispute over hands in Thanksgiving food
- Ice-T says ‘no-masker’ father-in-law is ‘a believer now’ after 40 days in ICU battling COVID-19
- Who’s on President-elect Biden’s team of top economic advisers?
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the U.S. thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law