ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Police announced Saturday they charged a man in connection with a crash that injured two Roanoke officers Friday night.
The crash happened the night of Friday, Oct. 23, in the 3300 block of Melrose Avenue NW when an SUV driving by crashed into an unoccupied police cruiser, which then crashed into an occupied police vehicle.
Police say the two officers were taken to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for treatment of their injuries, but have since been released.
According to the Roanoke Police Department’s update on Saturday, Oct. 24, 51-year-old Anthony Jerome Buckner of Roanoke has been charged with driving under the influence in relation to the crash on Friday.
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony unveils spectacular new Liberty Arena
- NRV trash pickup company partners with food pantry
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- A two-week shut down is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?