ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Police are investigating after a man found in northwest Roanoke with a gunshot wound died Monday night.
At approximately 10:15 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 23, the Roanoke Police Department responded to reports of a person with a gunshot wound in the 2400 block of Centre Avenue NW.
Officers found a man with what appeared to be serious injuries inside a residence in the area. Police say they rendered first aid until Roanoke Fire-EMS arrived, but the victim was pronounced deceased on scene by first responders.
His identity will be released after next of kin is notified.
According to police, all parties involved in the incident are known to one another and are cooperating with the investigation after remaining at the scene of the incident.
Detectives have consulted with the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office and say no charges have been placed at this time.
The department says police are not searching for additional suspects in connection with this ongoing investigation.
- Scam targets Virginia Department of Health’s ‘Vaccinate Virginia’ campaign
- Police respond to incident at Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital; suspect in custody
- VDH shares statement about Moderna, J&J boosters; ‘mixing and matching’ vaccines
- As heating prices expected to rise during winter months, lawmakers look towards LIHEAP funding
- You’re invited to ‘Pizza with the Police’ in Roanoke County!
Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.