UPDATE: Fire on 7th Street SE started due to cooking, according to Roanoke Fire-EMS

Roanoke Valley News

Photo Courtesy: Roanoke Fire-EMS Department

UPDATE 6:25 p.m. – Roanoke Fire-EMS extinguished the fire shortly after arriving on scene.

According to fire crews, no injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental and started due to cooking.

ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke Fire-EMS are working to extinguish a residential fire in the 1700 block of 7th Street SE.

The department says they received a call at 4:59 p.m. on Friday, May 7 for a fire. When units arrived, they found smoke coming from a residential structure.

This is a developing story. WFXR News will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.

Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form