UPDATE 1 p.m.: VDOT says crews have reopened the southbound right lane at mile marker 142.6 on I-81, but Roanoke County traffic is still backed up for about five miles following Tuesday afternoon’s crash.
ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke County motorists are backed up for several miles following a vehicle crash along I-81 South that resulted in minor injuries.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) says the southbound right shoulder and right lane are closed at mile marker 142.6 on I-81.
According to Roanoke County Fire and Rescue Department, the crash resulted in minor injuries, as well as a diesel fuel spill.
“Please remember to #moveover for our personnel as well as Virginia Department of Transportation and Virginia State Police folks who are working in a construction zone to clear the accident!” Roanoke County fire officials wrote on Facebook.
Roanoke County traffic is currently delayed for approximately two miles along I-81 South, according to VDOT.
- UPDATE: Man dies after Sunday night shooting in Lynchburg
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- 11 y/o remembers his mother, Samantha Robinson, who was shot and killed in Lynchburg
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Radford residents react to Sunday morning shootings