ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Anne Fox, a retired Roanoke County teacher, has raised more than $4,000 for the Susan G. Komen walk in Abingdon.
She battled breast cancer more than 20 years ago, but continues the fight with funds.
“The funding has really pumped up you know we’ve, including funding for metastatic breast cancer, but we still don’t have the cure, and until then, you know we really can’t stop,” she explained.
Fox is a member of the Blue Ridge Chapter of the Susan G. Komen foundation, as well as their lead fundraiser currently. She has encouraged supporters to pitch in by volunteering to walk 15 miles.
To register and donate to the cause, click here.
- Hokies All Access : Pittsburgh recap, football bye week, turkey pardon, tailgating, Kenny Brooks profile, men’s basketball preview with Jon Laaser and Mike Burnop
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball head coach Kenny Brooks rewarded with contract extension
- 2021 ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament Moved to Greensboro
- Northside’s Mackenzie Walker signs with Radford
- North Cross School’s Asia Minnes Signs with University of Tennessee for Swimming