ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — If you’re looking for something safe and spooky to do over the weekend, the Williamson Road Area Business Association will hold a three-day Halloween drive-in movie fest.
The schedule for the movie fest, which will take place behind Fort Knox Drive-Thru Self Storage at 5411 Williamson Road, will proceed as follows:
- Friday, Oct. 23: Hocus Pocus, with food trucks and live music by “Empty Bottles.”
- Saturday, Oct. 24: Halloweentown, with food trucks, live music by “Virginia Electric,” and free candy for the kids in honor of Costume Night.
- Sunday, Oct. 25: Coco — which will be screened in Spanish with English subtitles in honor of Spanish Language Night — with food trucks and live music by Kike Rodriguez.
“Come join us for a Pre-Halloween warm-up; a night of live music, food trucks and a classic Halloween film on a giant 40-foot screen,” the Williamson Road Area Business Association wrote on Facebook. “It’s socially-distanced fun for family, friends and goblins.”
There will be plenty of candy and popcorn available for attendees, and children are encouraged to wear costumes.
Tickets — which cost $20 per car — need to be purchased in advance by following this link.
Organizers say the gates will open at 5:30 p.m. each night, with the movies scheduled to begin at dusk.
- Hokies All Access : Pittsburgh recap, football bye week, turkey pardon, tailgating, Kenny Brooks profile, men’s basketball preview with Jon Laaser and Mike Burnop
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball head coach Kenny Brooks rewarded with contract extension
- 2021 ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament Moved to Greensboro
- Northside’s Mackenzie Walker signs with Radford
- North Cross School’s Asia Minnes Signs with University of Tennessee for Swimming