ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke Catholic School teachers were rocking classic threads from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s Friday. It was all in celebration of their students helping the homeless in the Roanoke Valley.
The teachers agreed to dress from their high school decade if the class collected at least 3,110 snacks and waters for RAM House – Roanoke Area Ministries. That’s 10 items for each of the 311 people identified as homeless in the Roanoke Valley.
The class ended up collecting 3,395 snacks and waters in total.
- Use of force expert says Windsor traffic stop involving Lt. Nazario was excessive force
- Virginia State University responds to treatment of alumnus Lt. Caron Nazario by police
- Isle of Wight and Virginia NAACP hold press conference on Lt. Caron Nazario & police brutality
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan
- Jack Brown’s receives high distinction for its famous burgers