ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Police have identified the victim who died following Saturday evening’s shooting in northwest Roanoke.
According to an update from the Roanoke Police Department on Monday, Oct. 26, Kenneth Scott, 24, of Roanoke was killed in the 1900 block of Gayle Street NW.
Police say the shooting occurred shortly before 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24, after which officers found Scott laying on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound. First responders later determined him to be dead.
No arrests have been made at this time, but the department says the investigation is ongoing.
If you have any information relating to this shooting, you are asked to call the Roanoke Police Department at (540) 344-8500.
- ‘That’s all I have’: Virginia mom pleads for return of infant daughter’s stolen ashes
- Two found dead inside Washington County home following Friday morning fire, police say
- Here’s why it’s crucial to quarantine for 14 days after COVID-19 exposure
- Could you get the same COVID-19 treatment as Trump? Here’s who will qualify
- Rules about police wearing masks vary widely across US