ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke Police are investigating a shooting that occurred early Sunday morning in northwest Roanoke.
According to police, the shooting occurred at approximately 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 25, in the 1800 block of Downing Street NW.
When officers arrived, the Roanoke Police Department says they found a man with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries from a gunshot wound.
The man was transported to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Officers were able to locate a residence in the immediate area that the shooting occurred and determined that the victim was at the residence when an altercation occurred with another male.
The victim was shot and fled the residence.
Roanoke Police say this is not believed to be related to the other shooting on Gayle Street NW from Saturday, Oct. 24.
This is an ongoing investigation. If you have information regarding this incident that you can share with police, you are asked to contact the Roanoke Police Department at (540) 344-8500.
- The Drumstick Dash idea came from a neighboring state
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Days after circuit court orders Yellow Finch Tree Sitters to leave, “we’re still here.”
- COVID-19 hospitalization numbers released from the Near Southwest Region of Virginia
- Virginia Opens 2020-21 Season With a Loss at UCF