ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Authorities say a person was found dead early Monday morning after an hours-long standoff with police at a Roanoke County residence.
According to officials, members of the Roanoke County Police Department responded to a report of a suicidal subject in the 5900 block of Dogwood Avenue after 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 27.
The individual inside the home was believed to be armed and would not respond to police, Roanoke County authorities say.
A neighbor who spoke with WFXR News says police told him the person — who has not lived in the neighborhood for long — was alone inside the house.
A SWAT team was also on the scene.
Officials say Roanoke County SWAT entered the home after 2 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 28, and found the person dead with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- Pinpoint Weather: Milder and somewhat breezy, mountain snow for some
- California becomes first state to top 3 million virus cases
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Photos: Trump baby protest blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?