UPDATE 5:55 p.m.: VDOT is reporting that traffic is flowing normally around the area of mile marker 132.9 in Roanoke County after an earlier crash involving multiple vehicles.
UPDATE 5:20 p.m.: Crews have cleaned up an earlier crash on I-81 north at mile marker 132.9 in Roanoke County; however, backups of approximately five miles continue.
Since all lanes have re-opened, traffic should begin to thin out in this area shortly.
UPDATE 4:50 p.m.: Crews are continuing to clean-up a crash at mile marker 132.9 of I-81 in Roanoke County.
VDOT is saying backups have increased to approximately five miles behind the crash.
Drivers may want to find another route past this crash as backups continue to mount.
ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A multi-vehicle crash is slowing down traffic on a stretch of I-81 northbound in Roanoke County.
According to VDOT, the crash is at mile marker 132.9 south of Glenvar.
The northbound left lane and left shoulder are closed.
Backups are reported to be approximately 3.5 miles.
Drivers should consider finding another route around this crash.
- Virginia Tech upsets No. 3 Villanova 81-73 in overtime
- 15th Annual Gingerbread Festival: Gingerbread house competition
- Liberty knocks off another SEC opponent in Gamecocks 78-62
- ‘Small Business Saturday is important to us,’ Local businesses share why shopping local is critical amid COVID-19
- Pinpoint Weather: Quiet Sunday before messy, colder weather moves in for the upcoming week