ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — A Roanoke man is in custody after a fatal shooting in northwest Roanoke last Saturday.
Police say the shooting occurred shortly before 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24, after which officers found a man laying on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound in the 1900 block of Gayle Street NW. First responders later determined him to be dead.
The victim was later identified by authorities as 24-year-old Kenneth Scott of Roanoke.
On Thursday, Oct. 29, the Roanoke Police Department arrested 34-year-old Joshua Salters of Roanoke. He has been charged with second-degree murder and is being held without bond at the Roanoke City Jail.
The department says the investigation is ongoing.
If you have any information relating to this shooting, you are asked to call the Roanoke Police Department at (540) 344-8500.
- Roanoke County crash leads to downed power lines, lane closures along Franklin Road
- Virginia health officials report 2,023 new coronavirus cases, 34 new deaths as of Thursday
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- Franklin County crash closes down VA-40, leads to detours
- North Carolina organization buys hotel to house homeless