ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — People stopped at the Go Mart off of Williamson Road on Saturday to see if Lady Luck is on their side.
“I feel lucky all the time,” said Norman Hairston, avid lottery player.
“I don’t feel lucky, but I would like to get a little lucky and win some of that money,” said Stephon Hill, frequent lottery player.
Approximately $470 million is what someone could win in the Powerball jackpot on Saturday, Jan. 9. So, what would one do with all that money?
“After I pay my tithes, I would probably hide,” said Hairston.
“I will take care of my family, and then I would go down to a little town I grew up in and Buchanan and build myself a nice log cabin,” said Frank Tuttle, lottery player.
When it comes to picking out those winning numbers, some people have a strategy, and others leave it to chance.
“I get the computer pick and let it do its thing. I figure that would be luckier than me,” said Hill.
With a chance of one in 292 million of winning the Powerball, may the odds be ever in your favor as the drawing for the Powerball is at 11 p.m.
It’s the fourth time in history that the Mega Millions jackpot grew to $600 million, and the drawing will happen on Tuesday, Jan. 12.
- Investigation into death of Israel Jackson under review
- Fake US leg band earns pigeon a reprieve from Australian death sentence
- ‘The avalanche was in control’: Video shows snowboarder survive scary snow slide
- After allergic reactions at 1 clinic, California pauses use of large batch of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- Twitter temporarily suspends congresswoman over election fraud claims