ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — The Junior League of Roanoke Valley’s (JVRL) 2020 Stocked Market fundraiser will end on Friday.
There are multiple ways for participants to help the Junior League raise more money for the local community:
- Letters From Santa: Children have a few days left to get a special letter from Santa himself! Letters are available for a $10 donation (with discounts for multiple children) until Friday, Dec. 11. Family members can fill out a form online and the Junior League will make sure Santa replies.
- Raffle Tickets: A $10 raffle ticket could get you a prize package worth an estimated prize in excess of $1,000. Items come from long-time Stocked Market merchants and sponsors. Items include a Tory Burch wallet, manicure and pedicure gift certificate, gift cards to local restaurants, Mignonne Gavigan earrings, spa gift card, and more. The drawing will take place on December 14.
- Donate the cost of your ticket: You can also consider donating the cost of your ticket ($10) or more to help JLRV with their mission.
According to JVRL, Stocked Market proceeds are used to further the group’s mission of empowering women leaders and giving back to the community.
Annually, the JLRV invests about $70,000 to better local communities through grants, scholarships, and volunteers and is committed to the focus of addressing poverty by connecting the community to existing resources and removing barriers to healthcare or food.
- Fentanyl leaving deadly wake on U.S.-Mexico border communities
- Court testimony: Former Muscogee County deputy clerk was wiring large sums of money to Africa
- First-class mail delivery changes for U.S. Post Office in Lynchburg
- Hyundai recalls 100K more cars because faulty engines might catch fire
- Mixed numbers for COVID-19 in West Virginia