ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Carilion Clinic’s Family Medicine, VelocityCare and Pharmacy locations have ramped up their flu vaccination efforts for the 2020 flu season.
According to Carilion Clinic, Family Medicine clinics, alone, increased their vaccines by 18-percent when compared to 2019.
All three have, thus far, vaccinated over 40,000 patients for the flu.
Since September, courtesy of a collaboration with community partners, including the Virginia Department of Health, Kroger, LewisGale, Roanoke City Public Schools and the Salem VA – Carillion’s Community Health and Outreach team has completed 30 flu clinics, during which, 1,200 people received a flu shot which is four times more free community flu vaccinations than in the prior year.
You can still get vaccinated for the flu by following the following guidelines:
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Liberty Bounces Back with Win at Stetson
- 20-year-old woman starts up new business in Boones Mill
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration