UPDATE 11:05 a.m.: The search for a suspect is underway after Roanoke fire officials determined that the cause of Wednesday morning’s fire at a vacant home was incendiary.
If you have any information about this incendiary fire — which was reported around 5 a.m. on Wednesday from the 1000 block of Stewart Avenue SE — you are asked to call either the Fire Marshal’s Office Tip Line at (540) 853-2406 or the Roanoke Police Department at (540) 344-8500.
You can also send an anonymous text to the police at 274637, but you are asked to start the text with “RoanokePD.”
ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke fire officials are investigating after a fire broke out early Wednesday morning at a vacant house in the southeast side of the Star City.
Roanoke Fire-EMS says units were dispatched just after 5 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 13, for a fire in the 1000 block of Stewart Avenue SE.
When crews arrived on scene, they saw flames showing from the outside of a vacant residence, but the fire did not extend inside the home.
The department says the fire was brought under control within 15 minutes.
Even though there are no reports of injuries, fire officials say the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- AMBER ALERT issued for missing Charlottesville child
- Police search for man who robbed Boonsboro Dollar General
- Some Franklin County students set to return to classrooms starting next week
- Roanoke City, Alleghany Health Districts say COVID-19 vaccine supply is running too low to serve all who qualify to receive vaccine
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional