ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — While some people are eagerly waiting for the holidays, pet owners should make sure to keep their furry friends’ safety a top priority when it comes to decorating.
However, the Roanoke Valley SPCA has some tips to keep your family pet safe this holiday season.
For example, a decorated tree can be seen as a new play area for a curious kitty — especially if your furry friend loves to climb — so make sure your tree is sturdy and not easy to tip over.
In addition, experts recommend placing pet-friendly ornaments at the bottom of the tree.
Pet-owners are also encouraged to use a heavy plastic cord protector if you have any small bulbs, wires, or electrical cords, in order to keep your furry friends from chewing on those dangerous decorations.
For more advice on how to protect your fur babies from holiday hazards, check out this link.
- Biden administration proposes rule to reinstate DACA
- Government shutdown looms as Congress battles over debt ceiling
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine authorization for kids 5-11 may not come before November
- This Amazon Prime perk ends Oct. 25
- Back in the limelight: Skittles adds lime flavor back to the lineup