ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Starting Friday afternoon, a number of downtown Roanoke streets will be closed for the weekend due to fun and festive events in the Star City.
- Dickens of a Christmas Carnival from 6 to 10 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 17:
- Market Street closes at 3 p.m. between Norfolk Avenue and Church Avenue
- Wall Street closes at 3 p.m. between Salem Avenue and Campbell Avenue
- Kirk Avenue closes at 3 p.m. between Williamson Road and Jefferson Street, but Premier Lot access will be maintained
- Church Avenue closes at 3 p.m. between Luck Avenue and Williamson Road
- Luck Avenue closes at 4 p.m. between Jefferson Street and 1st Street SW
- Campbell Avenue closes at 5:30 p.m. between Williamson Road and Jefferson Street
- You can check out the full street closure map by clicking here.
- LL Bean Pop Up from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 18 and Sunday, Dec. 19:
- Market Street closes at 7 a.m. on Saturday between Norfolk Avenue and Salem Avenue
- Christmas Celebration from 5 to 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 19:
- 2nd Street SW closes at 4 p.m. between Luck Avenue and Church Avenue
For a list of holiday celebrations taking place across southwest and central Virginia, click here.