ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke Fire-EMS released new information on Thursday about a house fire along Melrose Avenue last week that caused tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of damage.

According to the department, crews were dispatched to the 1400 block of Melrose Avenue on Friday, Aug. 26 for reports of a structure fire.

When units arrived at the scene, they found smoke showing from the home. First responders say their search led to the discovery of a fire in the kitchen, which was quickly extinguished.

Fire officials say one resident was rescued, with no reports of injuries.

Meanwhile, Roanoke Fire-EMS estimates that the total damages to the building and its contents from the fire — which was deemed accidental — are approximately $43,000.