ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — An electrical fire broke out at a northwest Roanoke home Friday night, leaving multiple residents displaced.

Roanoke Fire-EMS says crews were dispatched to the 2200 block of Garstland Drive NW for a report of a fire at approximately 11:36 p.m. on Friday, April 8.

When units arrived at the scene, they discovered smoke coming from a two-story residential structure and marked the incident as a working fire.

The department says personnel found the fire on the second floor of the home, but they extinguished it and deemed it under control by 11:54 p.m.

According to officials, one person was brought to the hospital for a non-fire-related complaint. Meanwhile, the American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.

After investigating, Roanoke Fire-EMS says the fire was determined to be accidental and electrical in nature, causing an estimated $65,000 in damages to the home and its contents.