BUENA VISTA, Va. (WFXR) – A free drive-thru COVID-19 testing event has been scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 29 in Buena Vista.
The event, sponsored by the Central Shenandoah Health District, will take place between 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 29 from the Rockbridge Regional Communication Center at 100 Baner Lane.
No appointment is needed for this event; however, testing is only for those who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and/or have been in close contact with someone who has a known case of COVID-19.
If you want to participate, you are asked to call your local Health Department to schedule an appointment. For Rockbridge County residents, that number is (540) 463-3185.
- Health officials report 1,893 new COVID-19 cases around Virginia while total deaths reach 4,062 as of Monday
- William & Mary men’s hoops pauses after positive virus test, Tribe played ODU on Saturday
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise
- Moderna asking US, European regulators to OK its virus shots
- UPDATE: Multiple weather-related road closures, warnings reported around Pittsylvania County, other localities