FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A record number of COVID-19 cases were reported in Franklin County Thursday.
A statement from the county said it recorded 40 new daily cases on Thursday, significantly higher than Franklin County’s 7-day moving average of 22 cases. That moving average was itself significantly higher than the county’s previous averages.
Thus far, 902 total cases have been reported in the county since the coronavirus pandemic arrived in Virginia.
The county’s statement encouraged residents to wear face masks in public areas, practice social distancing, and practice good hand hygiene.
- The Drumstick Dash idea came from a neighboring state
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Days after circuit court orders Yellow Finch Tree Sitters to leave, “we’re still here.”
- COVID-19 hospitalization numbers released from the Near Southwest Region of Virginia
- Virginia Opens 2020-21 Season With a Loss at UCF