FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — On Monday,, the Franklin County School Board approved recommendations to make changes to the current school calendar that will afford teachers the proper amount of time for planning periods — something that staff shortages and absenteeism has greatly impacted.
In an effort to provide teachers the necessary time to review student achievement data, make plans based on that data, communicate with parents, and prepare materials for students, Franklin County Public Schools approved the following changes to the 2021-2022 school calendar:
- Tuesday, Nov. 23 — Schools closed for students/teacher in-person workday
- Wednesday, Nov. 24 — Schools closed for staff and students
- Monday, Feb. 7, 2022 — Schools closed for students/teacher in-person workday
- Saturday, March 5, 2022 — At-home workday for teachers canceled
- Tuesday, May 24, 2022 — Teacher in-person workday
The amended 2021-2022 calendar has been included below for your reference.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list