FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Looking for a furry feline friend in time for the holiday season? The Franklin County Humane Society Adoption Center is providing the perfect solution in the form of free cat adoptions for the rest of the week.
The Franklin County Humane Society says its adoption center has so many felines of all sizes, colors, and ages that it cannot take in anymore.
In order to resolve this full capacity situation, the shelter is offering free adoption for cats and kittens over 12-weeks-old from noon to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 17, through Friday, Nov. 20, as well as 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21.
Since not all the animals up for adoption are listed on the shelter’s website, you are encouraged to visit the adoption center and visit the cats who are ready.
However, according to the Franklin County Humane Society, you are required to have an approved application and mention the organization’s Facebook post shared above before you can adopt any cats or kittens.
- Bacon in California may become scarce, more expensive as new pig rules take effect
- Florida neighborhood offering $500 reward for information on deer found with arrow through neck
- Tractor-trailer crash slows traffic along stretch of I-81 in Wythe County
- COVID-19 becomes political issue at Tokyo Olympics
- UVA alum Joe Bell’s historic run with New Zealand ends in PKs vs. host nation Japan