ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Firefighters were sent to the scene of a cooking fire in northwest Roanoke Sunday afternoon.
The Roanoke Fire-EMS Department says crews were dispatched shortly after 12:45 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 29, to the 3300 block of Pittsfield Avenue NW for a report of a fire.
When units arrived on scene, they reportedly found smoke coming form a carport attached to a residence. However, the department says the fire was contained to the carport area without extending into the main living areas.
Fire officials say there are no reports of injuries and no residents will be displaced as a result of Sunday’s fire.
According to Roanoke Fire-EMS, the cause of the fire was determined to be accidental and started because of cooking.
- Blue Ridge Health District moves into Phase 1b of COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Roanoke citizens may participate in Jan. 19 City Council sessions by phone, email
- Virginia Tech ramps up COVID-19 testing as students head back to campus
- Post Malone donates 10,000 pairs of Crocs to frontline medical workers across the country
- Rosie’s Gaming Emporium® to donate $1,000 to local charities each week in 2021