ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Police say a man arrived at the hospital early Saturday morning following a shooting in Roanoke.
The Roanoke Police Department says they were notified at approximately 4:25 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24, that a man arrived via a personal vehicle at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital with a gunshot wound.
The man reportedly told police he was traveling, he pulled over in the area of 14th Street and Moorman Road NW, and he was standing outside his vehicle when another vehicle drove by and someone shot him.
Officers responded to the location where the man said the shooting happened, but police say they were unable to locate a crime scene.
No arrests have been made at of Saturday evening, but police say the man’s injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
If you have any information about this shooting, you are asked to call the Roanoke Police Department at (540) 344-8500.
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A behind the scenes look at the Rescue Mission of Roanoke
- White House kicks off holiday season welcoming official tree
- A Floyd Christmas tree farm gears up for the holiday season
- Lawmakers debate necessity of a mask mandate in Congress