ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Motorists crossing between Roanoke County and Franklin County are encouraged to avoid Route 116 following a crash in the Windy Gap Mountain area.
The Roanoke County Police Department says Franklin County authorities were told to close down one lane of Route 116 coming into Roanoke County following a crash in the 4200 block of Jae Valley Road (Route 116).
There are no reports of injuries resulting from the crash at this time, the department says.
According to police, authorities are working to direct traffic and clear the scene of the crash, but motorists are asked to avoid the area if possible.
- Health officials report 1,893 new COVID-19 cases around Virginia while total deaths reach 4,062 as of Monday
- William & Mary men’s hoops pauses after positive virus test, Tribe played ODU on Saturday
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise
- Moderna asking US, European regulators to OK its virus shots
- UPDATE: Multiple weather-related road closures, warnings reported around Pittsylvania County, other localities