RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) — Gov.-elect Glenn Youngkin is preparing for when he is inaugurated as the 74th governor of Virginia on Saturday.
On Tuesday, Jan. 11, Youngkin revealed his Medical Advisory Team, with one of the team members from Carilion Clinic.
Youngkin’s team will consist of:
- Dr. Marty Makary, M.D., M.P.H., Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Nancy Howell Agee, President and CEO, Carilion Clinic
- Kathy Gorman, M.S.N., R.N., F.A.A.N, Executive Vice President and COO, Children’s National
- Alan Levine, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ballad Health
- Bogdan Neughebauer, M.D., PhD, MBA, CPE, FACP, FIDSA, Sentara Healthcare
- Anand Shah, M.D., M.P.H., former Deputy Commissioner for Medical and Scientific Affairs at FDA
“I am proud to announce a group of experts from the medical and public health community that will be providing updates on the pandemic and advice on how to address its ongoing challenges. I have been receiving briefings about the coronavirus and Omicron variant regularly and we are going to stay on top of this,” said Youngkin. “I recognize the severity of the virus and the significant loss that it has caused. Virginians should rest assured that we are monitoring this variant and doing everything we can to be smart about this. I will enter office ready to reopen Virginia, support our healthcare heroes, and protect the lives and livelihoods of Virginians.”