ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Police in Roanoke are investigating after a man arrived at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, in a personal vehicle, with a gunshot wound Tuesday evening.
According to police, they were notified around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 22, of the arrival of a man. Officers responded to the hospital shortly thereafter to speak with the victim.
A preliminary investigation indicates the incident took place on I-581 South between the Orange Avenue and Elm Avenue exits. The victim was driving when the shooting occurred.
No arrests have been made and the condition of the victim is not currently known. Police are continuing to investigate the incident.
If you have information on this incident, you are asked to call Roanoke Police at (540) 344-8500.
- In-person learning for grades 4 and 5 suspended at Forest Middle School through November 6 due to COVID-19 outbreak
- James River High student tests positive for COVID-19, Botetourt County Public Schools says
- Salem community invited to Tuesday’s drive-thru ‘trunk-or-treat’
- Alleghany County Courthouse closed for the week due to possible coronavirus exposure
- Fifth and Federal, site of violent May protests, reopens in Lynchburg after months-long closure