ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Starting next week, the Greater Grandview Neighborhood will be the first in the City of Roanoke to say both “Welcome” and “Bienvenido” to all who enter the community.
As the Hispanic population continues to grow in Roanoke, the city’s Office of Neighborhood Services and the Greater Grandview Neighborhood Association decided to create a sign greeting new neighbors in both English and Spanish.
The unveiling for the new neighborhood sign will take place at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 11 at the corner of Hershberger Road and Grandview Avenue.
- Friday Night Blitz: Class 1 and 2 boys basketball previews
- Friday Night Blitz: Boys class 3 and 4 basketball preview
- Friday Night Blitz: Game of the Week, and Class 5 basketball preview
- Roanoke County park improvement grants available, accepting applications
- Pinpoint Weather: Dry and chilly this weekend, rain on the way Monday