CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Christiansburg Police have arrested a man suspected of using the internet to solicit sex with a child.
Jason Robert Francisco, 40, of Roanoke, was arrested Tuesday, Dec. 31, and charged with two counts of using the internet to solicit sex with a minor.
Police say Francisco had internet chat conversations with an investigator posing as a 13-year-old girl.
“During the course of those conversations, Francisco arranged to meet the individual he believed to be a minor in Christiansburg for sexual purposes,” police say.
Francisco arrived at a meeting place agreed upon in conversations with the undercover investigator where he was arrested by police.
He is being held at the Montgomery County Jail without bond.
- READ: Full transcript of Amanda Gorman’s inauguration poem ‘The Hill We Climb’
- Woman accused of helping steal Pelosi laptop freed from jail
- Randy Parton, musician and brother to Dolly Parton, dies at 67
- Texas conservatives prepare to file lawsuits against Biden administration
- Two Pittsylvania County schools to operate remotely until Monday due to COVID-19