ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — A Roanoke City man was arrested Wednesday on a federal criminal complaint. Federal authorities allege he distributed heroin and fentanyl, and he possessed a firearm during his drug trafficking activities.
William Preston Ramey-Woodard, 39, has been charged with one count of distribution of a mixture containing heroin and fentanyl, and one count of possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.
According to court documents, the alleged criminal activities took place in the Western District of Virginia in March, April, and May 2020.
The investigation in this case is ongoing.
- ‘Jeopardy!’ to resume production Nov. 30 with Ken Jennings as first in ‘series of interim guest hosts’
- GSA recognizes president-elect Biden, clearing way for formal transition
- Virginia DMV says commercial drivers can renew licenses online
- Coronavirus pandemic blamed for rise in violent crimes across the U.S.
- Lexington City Schools to revert to virtual learning until mid-January due to coronavirus concerns