ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — A Roanoke City man was arrested Wednesday on a federal criminal complaint. Federal authorities allege he distributed heroin and fentanyl, and he possessed a firearm during his drug trafficking activities.
William Preston Ramey-Woodard, 39, has been charged with one count of distribution of a mixture containing heroin and fentanyl, and one count of possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.
According to court documents, the alleged criminal activities took place in the Western District of Virginia in March, April, and May 2020.
The investigation in this case is ongoing.
- Invasive zebra mussels found on marimo moss balls, warns Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources
- New River Valley Public Health Task Force to host live, virtual forum
- Civil War Weekend at Virginia Tech goes virtual with free events
- West Piedmont Health District, FBI warns of COVID-19 scams as vaccine distribution continues
- Salem City Schools plan to return students to in-person learning with four-day per week hybrid instruction