ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — A group of kids in Roanoke put on their walking shoes Tuesday for the last ‘West End Walk’ of the summer.
The one-mile walk helps kids get to know the resources in their community. It connects the Grandin neighborhood and the West End Center, while also helping kids get to know the Roanoke City Police Department.
At the end of the walk, the kids got to watch a movie at the Grandin Theatre while practicing social distancing.
- ‘Not all wounds are visible’: Dog helps Virginia veteran cope with PTSD
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- Two full moons to shine in October
- Appomattox County authorities searching for missing 15-year-old girl
- New Freedom Farm in the running for $25,000 State Farm Neighborhood Assistance Grant