ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — The Roanoke Greenway will undergo maintenance starting Wednesday, according to the Roanoke Parks and Recreation Department.
Here is a breakdown of what areas will be impacted:
- Wednesday, Aug. 5: Crews will brush back overgrowth on Mill Mountain Greenway between the tollbooth and the top of the mountain.
- Thursday, Aug. 6: Crews will trim trees along Roanoke River Greenway between Bridge Street and Bennington Park. Rolling closures are set along this section as they work.
- Friday, Aug. 7: Crews will trim trees along Mill Mountain and Roanoke River Greenways (same sections as previously mentioned).
The Parks and Recreation Department reminds users to exercise caution while using the Greenway as they may encounter debris, crews working, and rolling closures.
- One person hurt after shooting in Lynchburg
- Police investigate fatal motorcycle crash in Henry County
- Henry County Sheriff’s Office investigating Saturday night shooting
- Amherst County Schools confirms COVID-positive case at Amherst County High School
- Hidden Valley Country Club raises over $15K for Carilion Children’s Hospital in weekend tournament