ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke fire officials say an evening fire involving a tank big enough to hold a few dozen gallons of gasoline was an accidental fire.
Roanoke Fire EMS announced on Wednesday, Aug. 12, that crews responded to the 1700 block of Murry Road SW at 5:53 p.m. for a fire. When they arrived, units reportedly discovered a 55-gallon gas tank on fire.
The department says firefighters managed to contain the flames to the tank of origin.
There are no reports of injuries resulting from this incident, and fire officials announced on Thursday, Aug. 13, the fire was both accidental and electrical in nature.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension explains new Covid-19 Rapid Release Program
- Virginia colleges, universities see 1.3% enrollment drop this year
- Charlottesville discusses removal of statue of Sacagawea
- High demand for flu shots as experts hope to avoid ‘twindemic’
- First-time voter? Here’s what you need to know