Roanoke fire officials rule cause of 55-gallon gas tank fire to be accidental

Local News
(Photo: Courtesy Roanoke Fire-EMS)

(Photo: Courtesy Roanoke Fire-EMS)

ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke fire officials say an evening fire involving a tank big enough to hold a few dozen gallons of gasoline was an accidental fire.

Roanoke Fire EMS announced on Wednesday, Aug. 12, that crews responded to the 1700 block of Murry Road SW at 5:53 p.m. for a fire. When they arrived, units reportedly discovered a 55-gallon gas tank on fire.

The department says firefighters managed to contain the flames to the tank of origin.

There are no reports of injuries resulting from this incident, and fire officials announced on Thursday, Aug. 13, the fire was both accidental and electrical in nature.

Latest Stories

Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form